We're probably in the wrong season for this dish, but not only is it a natural progression from our white sauce recipe, it is absolutely delicious and could not be simpler.
Add a generous sprinkling of dry thyme and 1.5oz of grated Red Leicester cheese to half a pint of white sauce. Add cooked pasta (12oz of dried pasta will be a healthy serving for 2), and a couple of shredded grilled chicken breasts and stir. Serve into an overproof dish and now, for the finale, take a bag of crisps (I love Roast chicken flavour), crush and sprinkle over the surface of the pasta/chicken/sauce. Bake in a medium hot oven for around 20 minutes or until when you open the door the bake sizzles and pops. (Serves 2)
I have no idea what the current dietary thinking is around whether you should have heavy carbs and protein in the same meal or not. Frankly I don't really care. This is a delicious hearty dish and, served with a starter of exercise, shouldn't be off anyone's menu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment